Wednesday, September 13, 2017

What I've done the past 3 days (9/11-9/13)

So really, the past three days I've not done much other than read/research. I plan bringing the articles I printed to continue reading and annotating them tomorrow. (There's still a few wurds in there I don't know.)

I haven't heard back from that guy I know at 3RF. I think I'll give him another day, then email again, sending copies to him and other people in charge at 3RF. With some luck one of them is bound to read it.

At this point in time, I think I would find it more fun/enjoyable to map a strewnfield than do research on spider silk. That will depend on if 3RF is supportive of my proposal. However, with the spider silk idea, I could at least design a simple set-up to produce it, if not make a prototype. Now that would be fun! I have access to a cheap 3D printer, and I could order various valves, etc. from amazon. I could try experimenting with different polymers, or see if they could send me a sample of their synthetic dope. (which I HIGHLY doubt.) Heck, I might want to build something like that for fun, even if it's not my thesis.

- Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment