Friday, September 1, 2017

Thursday, August 31, 2017

I know I'm writing this a day late, but I just found out we need to record a blog every day. From now on, I will.

I thought more about the two subjects I proposed previously. (I also set up my Common App, ApplyTexas, and MyMIT accounts and portfolios, and worked on my essays.) I am pretty sure the synthetic spider silk thing may be impractical as far as trying to develop new methods of potential commercial production. I don't have enough knowledge and technical background to do that. I could possibly research current production methods, and present ideas for potential applications (which are nearly universal). 

For the meteorite strewnfield, that may be more practical. However, it would require days-worth of time. The only close place I know of would be 3RF (Three Rivers Foundation), an astronomy dark-site. I have found a few meteorites there (and mapped their exact GPS coordinates). 3RF is about a 2.5-3 hour drive away. I would probably have to spend a minimum of a week up there to make any real data. I would also have to contact the university that owns the site for permission, and possibly assistance. 

Both of these ideas sound fun, but I think I will do some more brainstorming for other topics and more research into each. 

- Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment