Wednesday, September 6, 2017

I have some reading to do...9/6/17

Oh man.
So, Dr. Rising (from SLU) responded. I asked her if she could refer me/send me information about her experiments...and she did. I was sent 9 documents of various articles and reports. Most of them are pretty comprehensible because they were public articles, but one of them is an actual scientific paper/report: "Carbonic Anhydrase Generates CO2 and H+ That Drive Spider Silk Formation Via Opposite Effects on the Terminal Domains." YES!

It's only 14 pages, but this could be a great kickoff point. It has an entire page dedicated to other resources, and is chuck full of data, charts, and graphs. I'm probably going to have to familiarize myself more with polymer chemistry.

Okay, so it looks like I could probably do a project on this.

Now I will scope out both the spider silk and strewnfield ideas, see what sort of end product I could make, and make a final decision.

- Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment