Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Finishing the Spinneret Design (maybe)

I’ve been having some trouble with the printer, so I wasn’t able to anything with that.

Today, I started a blueprint and a more final design. I tried a different approach with the designing app. This latest edition has ports where buffer solutions can be introduced into the spinneret, thus creating the desired pH gradient.

I plan on printing a larger version that would be more presentable. The only thing that isn’t quite right about the design is the diameter of the apature, which is too large.




The red arrows indicate the ports for the buffer solutions. The blue arrows indicate the flow of the spidoin protein solution.

I need to get a move on with my paper though, I have about the number of pages required, but it’s not edited at all, and I still have the majority of my actual thesis to write in.

- Noah






1 comment: