Sunday, November 12, 2017

Nov. 9-12

I'm still waiting to hear back from SLU about the protein dope. I think I'll wait a few more days, then try sending it again.

I did some research on calculating a new pressure for a nozzle with a changing diameter (essentially a cone), and I think it'll take awhile. I need to learn some more fluid dynamics first. There's much that I haven't considered. There will be a normal force opposite to the pressure, the force AND area change, and probably some other things I've yet to learn. This week, I'll do more reading on FD so that next week during the break I can maybe calculate. On the other hand, it'd be much easier to just experiment with the pressure and find one suitable. The nice thing is that I can use water to test it with.

If I can't get a hold of the dope from SLU, I may have to just present the device as a proposed, untested prototype (I'm planning to start building during winter break: when I'll know more about fluid dynamics and hydraulics). It'd be a neat water gun, but it won't have the same effect.

Sorry about writing late. I'll really try to do a blog every day, I just need to get into the habit.

- Noah

That's so "dope." Ha! I'm friggin' hilarious. (No. I'm not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment