Friday, January 26, 2018

Thesis (non-presentation day)

Thursday we didn't present. I prepped for my presentation Monday. I couldn't post yesterday 'cause of the stupid wifi, so that threw me off my blog routine.

Quick spoiler:

Spider silk can be coated with gold or carbon nanotubes to become an excellent conductor of electricity, and it's only a small fraction of the width of human hair. This has major implications for everything involving electronics. (which is essentially, a lot of things.) You can make circuits and therefore devices much, much, much smaller.

So ya, that's pretty significant application...

Can you imagine the implications of being able to implement this into every technology?! You can make computers the same size they are now, but several times more powerful. More technologies could become possible. Remember before the first integrated circuit? The IC changed modern technology. With such a universal improvement, this could be big.

In my presentation, I plan to explore this and several other potential applications that would revolutionize modern life and technology.

- Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment